Thursday, November 26, 2015

In the right place at the right time

I spotted Stratios. Somewhere at the planet V.


When I arrived, there were only probes on the overview. It seems to be a standard probe launch and cloak at a random planet thing. Then all of a sudden I see him decloak.

Well, that's unexpected, but who knows what his reasons are. I keep an eye on him.  The guy is 100km away so I can't try and tackle him. I keep waiting but he doesn't cloak up or move. A potential target in front of me, but no way to get it. There is no good celestial to bounce of either. He probably came from a wormhole that I haven't scanned yet. I try to bounce of closest celestial to at least get into point range, but 70km was the best I could do.

Weirdly enough, the guy was still floating with his cloak turned off. I did not expect him to stay in the open for so long. I decide to take one last chance. I warp to a planet that is out of d-scan range, launch combat probes and warp back at range of my previous position. Stratios is still there.


Doesn't look like a bait either. I align, scan him out and warp for a kill while Domi fleet sits on the high-sec wormhole. Tackle goes without a hitch.


Of course when I get him pointed, Stratios pilot wakes up and sends his drones on me. They barely scratch my shields when Domi fleet lands and finishes the job of whoever got Stratios into structure.


A nice 600 mil kill. Quite good for a cruiser and I also get to keep one of those deadspace repairers. I do not know why pilot neglected to turn on his cloak. Maybe a wrong hotkey or  maybe a new map was blocking his modules. All I know is that I was in the right place at the right time.

1 comment :

  1. When you said "Stratios" for a moment I thought you joined FCON and had killed me... Very nice catch.

    ReplyDelete