Monday, May 11, 2015

Ninja Salvaging Series 2 - World of opportunities

There are many ways of messing around with carebears. One of the ways is to try and kill their mtu or force them to rush in and save it.


If that doesn't work, you can steal their mission objective.


Regardless, I always offer carebears a way to deal with my actions. They are free to shoot at me or buy out their mission objective.


Unfortunately, as an emergent content creator, I often receive inadequate reaction to my efforts. Take Raven Seldon for example. Instead of shooting me and defending what is his or paying few million ISK, instead, he encouraged me to commit child sexual abuse. And they say I'm the monster.

Too good to be true


In EVE, if it's too good to be true, it usually is. This applies to spotted market opportunities or a very juicy target that is just in front of your nose, but you can't quite believe it. And in most cases it turns out to be a bait. It's what happened when I've noticed suspect Proteus on undock. Suspect baiting is a common practice, but it is normally done in trade hubs or other popular areas. As I was 1 jump out from Dodixie, this felt strange. I was not in the rush to do anything close to the docking range, but while I was observing him he was slowboating away and was too far to return safely if I act now. I quickly swapped for my Brutix and went for it. Proteus did not show any signs of life.


I am not sure what purpose did this Proteus serve, but it sure melt down fast. I guess pilot went afk forgetting he was suspect while undocking. His pod stayed enough time even for my Brutix to lock it.


Ouch. Well, that was unexpected. I guess lucky for me that I was at the right place at the right time.

2 comments :

  1. luck is with the able ones.

    greetz

    ReplyDelete
  2. If by your actions, you provoke this reaction then you don't have the feeling you are doing something right.
    Oh well, people do not consent or do not know that you post their in game names in here, right? In RL that could mean a lawsuit for you.

    ReplyDelete